Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Latest obsession(s)


I just couldn't possibly wait any longer to tell you about my new obsession! :D

Enter: Siggi's

Now, I have not eaten cow's dairy in almost a year. I've been quite happy with my almond 'milk'. But for health reasons I have been trying to find new ways to get a lot more protein. I picked up one of these at the store on a whim, the Orange & Ginger flavor, and at first I disliked it...then I liked it halfway thru...then I loved it and licked the container! Yes, I did.

Its luxurious, and tastes like dessert. Its expensive, but I don't care. I will forgo other things to be able to buy this because it is such great quality yogurt.


Blueberry yogurt nutrition information
INGREDIENTS: Skim Milk, Agave Nectar, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Live Active Cultures, Vegetable Rennet
CULTURES:
B. Lactis, L. Acidophilus,
L. Delbrueckiee Subsp. Bulgaricus,
L. Delbrueckiee Subsp. Lactis,
S. Thermophilus












I like to add fresh fruit, crunchy cereal, almond butter & jam, there are so many things you can add!! I am enjoying my new yogurt love affair. Perhaps the biggest selling point to me is this yogurt comes only from grass-fed cows from a rural farm in New York, no hormones or any preservatives are added. Its sweetened with agave nectar and boasts 16 g of protein in 6 oz!



Today I came home and was planning on taking a quick run with D but my bed just looked so comfy......3 hrs later I awoke from my planned 'half hour' power nap! I feel like I wasted my entire evening, but I guess my body needed it? I was curled up with this new book I just got before I dozed off. I wanted to read Jeannette Walls' first book, The Glass Castle, recommended by Jenna, but it was checked out at the library so went with this one instead. I can't put it down! Nothing better than a good book. This one makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I could blame it on hormones, but I was already tearing up by the 3rd page. Not because its sad or anything - it's just a heart warming book.


I woke up around 8pm and wasn't too hungry but really wanted to eat. I made quinoa seasoned with cumin and cayenne and a Sunshine burger. All drizzled with hot sauce. And a salad on the side with Annie's Goddess dressing. I have not been into salads lately, unsure why?? It's very weird for me not to. They just don't appeal to me right now.

Then me and the hubs made a very necessary trip the grocery store for ice cream and batteries. I picked up these coconut milk ice cream bars and knew they would be amazing. And they were! I only had one. I'm very proud of myself. :D

I'm off to curl back up with my book. Have a lovely evening!!

3 comments:

  1. Siggis is really good! I have tried it once before and loved it! Very pricey but yummy!!!

    Somedays it is good just to lay around, relax, and read a book!

    Hope you have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my story, means alot to me!!!

    Oh girl Sahale Almonds are the best, any of their stuff is amazing as ever and Luna Bars!!!!!!!!!!!! Yum! WHats your fave luna bar flavor?!!!

    Hope your week is great! Thanks again for reading my story : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glass Castles is the best book I have ever read. I would like to get her other book to read too. See you at HLS!

    ReplyDelete