Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oats & Corn (not mixed together)

Hi! How's your week been? Mine's been pretty good, the week has flown by! I'm about ready for another weekend. Our holiday weekend was spent just the way I like it, lots of food (and food network!), family and friends - my adorable 5 yr old niece, Audrey, had a dance recital. You can meet my beautiful little friend here: Two Veggie Babies . Oh, so where was I. Ah yes, our weekend. Well that was basically it! Lots of sleeping in and yummy fresh food. And gossip girl marathons. We had great weather too. And my family loved my kale salad! Yayyy.

Some random eats in the past week or so...


Asian stir fry (pre-washed mix from Trader Joe's). I threw in kale...Yes I know, I could be the next Top Chef.
Baked sweet potato with Annie's organic ketchup and mustard.
I bought some gluten free oats at Whole Foods and have rekindled my love for anything oats. I was craving a bar/cookie so threw a few things together and hoped it would turn out.

In the dry mix went oats, pumpkin seeds, flax, chia, raisins, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg. Then added almond milk and one egg. (I'm thinking it would work fine without the egg next time). Oh and a little maple syrup to sweeten it up a bit.
In the pan ready to go. Baked at 400 for 30 minutes.
They came out very chewy and moist. At first bite, I didn't love them, but they grew on me and of course I always MEAN to share...but these were addicting. With a smear of almond butter and jam on top!
After eating a few too many treats over the holiday weekend, I've decided this week I'm going to stick to a pretty strict fruit/veggie cleanse. Basically the only things I want in my body are fresh fruits and vegetables. So yesterday I did great, it doesn't hurt keeping a constant supply of ripe watermelon in the house! Today (day 2) I stuck to berries and melon during the day, which was glorious, but as the day went on I couldn't help but start dreaming of dinner creations, none of which included fruit. I used my imagination.
Mmmmm.....raw corn. Sweet and crunchy.Before all chopped up.And.....of course I completely blanked and forgot to take a picture of the finished product. I'm sorry!! Oh, and if you're wondering, I didn't eat all 5 ears of corn. Maybe one and a half. :) I threw all the stuff together in a huge bowl, sprinkle of salt and pepper, and this:

Trader Joe's Aioli Garlic Mustard sauce.
This.is.amazing. I literally want to dip/pour/marinade/splash/inhale it on everything.


Then...I opened this bag to give a helping to my hubs and after grabbing one to taste, I quickly grabbed about 20 more. So much for my cleanse! haha. Tomorrow is another day!

I'm off to tend to the never ending laundry pile. Have a great week!










1 comment:

  1. Sweet corn..yum! I want to try that garlic mustard sauce too!

    ReplyDelete